Hello, I'm Claire : I'm fairly new to the Methodist Church, having been confirmed in 2015 at Overend Methodist Mission, but since becoming a member I have found a calling to serve God through working with the local community, following my involvement with the youth activities at Overend.
I have been worshipping at Overend since 2011, when my daughter started Sunday school. My children, Charlotte and Tommy are my inspiration, along with my husband Jamie. Having received so much love and support from our church family in some very difficult recent years, I feel now is the time for me to give something back.
I come from a teaching background, as well as many other roles working with children and families, including 15 years in Post 16 education, St John Ambulance first aid trainer and Overseas Holiday rep : I am looking forward to getting know more of the families within our local and wider communities whilst sharing God’s love for them all.
- Overseeing and creating children, family and youth events, activities and opportunities within the circuit along with church volunteers
- Working with local schools to spread God's message, and create links to the wider community
- Host Baptism preparation classes to introduce families to the process and meaning of baptism
- Telephone 07542 062603
- Email via the category Children and Families Worker on the Email Contact From
- 37 hours per week - subject to commitments