Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit is recruiting…
Local Lay Pastor
Are you someone who feels their calling lies in providing church pastoral support and leading acts of worship?
Are you a persuasive communicator and able to relate effectively to a wide spectrum of stakeholders?
Do you have competence and confidence in chairing meetings effectively?
Then YOU might be just who we are looking for!
The Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit seeks to appoint a high-calibre individual who will play a key role in supporting the Ministerial Staff, Lay Employees, and members of Lawrence Lane, Overend and Dudley Wood Methodist churches.
This important role will focus on providing pastoral support, chairing meetings, and leading acts of worship in the churches listed above, under the supervision of the Superintendent Minister.
The Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit is looking for a self-confident, self-motivated and adaptable individual, who has excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and can evidence a strong sense of pastoral calling.
The successful candidate will be a persuasive and compassionate communicator, and adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances.
Remuneration: a competitive package that includes:
● Salary: £14,040 and up to £15,695 per annum plus contributory pension scheme to which eligible lay employees will be auto enrolled.
● Working hours: 30 hours per week working flexibly over daytime, evenings and weekends across the three sites.
● Holidays: 28 days per annum, including bank holidays (pro rata)
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday, 2nd September 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 17th September 2019.
- Click on these links to download the job description and person specification
- Click here to download the application form (Word version) – should you be experiencing any difficulties, please let us know and we will seek to provide alternative formats.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role, please telephone Stuart Ashmore on 07951 360137.
Electronic receipt of applications is preferred; these can be emailed to the Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit Administrator (Elaine Panchal) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal applications to: Mrs Elaine Panchal, Circuit Administrator, Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit Office, ℅ Amblecote Wordsley Methodist Church, 4 High Street, Amblecote, Stourbridge, DY8 4BX.
The Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit strives to be an equal opportunity employer.